Friday, October 30, 2009

Small part of the Identity missing .


Up until this day, the reason for me putting on a pair of earrings every morning was just an extension of my outfit plus earrings are the cheapest way of changing my look. Thinking of something to do for the blog was very hard, I hate doing things that are outside of my comfort zone, outcomes I can’t control so every suggestion was met with a loud No! I was not going to mess up my sleep pattern by going to watch the sunrise at the monument, I couldn’t go to the township, it wouldn’t be a new experience I’ve lived there for the better half of my years. My friend mentioned that she had never ever seen me without earrings, and that is exactly what I was going to do.
I took to the task, it seemed easy enough, but boy was I wrong. Most people are probably rolling their eyes right now, thinking “psh, what’s the worst that could happen, without earrings”. It was the longest hour of my life, earrings are part of my identity, just like I need to wear underwear everyday (To much info, I know), I need to wear earrings. I felt as if my ears had become my face, the first thing that people would see about me, girls would be disgusted in me, I felt as if I hadn’t showered , I truly felt empty. I know, I always judge those girls who cry when taking of make-up, I judged them and here I was, feeling as though I should walk around with my head hung low. I have to admit that after 45 minutes I opened my handbag and put on what I had concluded as “my identity” back on.
I learnt a big lesson that day, our identity is made up of so many different things, like a puzzle, ,when one piece is gone the identity is not complete, even though you are the only person who realises that a piece is missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment