Friday, October 30, 2009

Predator Editor

ETdit... Etdit... Edit! I cannot express my disgust of unedited work. To be reading an article quite pleasantly and run into a grammatical error or poorly used word is off-putting. We aren’t robotic grammar machines, and thank God for that, but when there are so many bulging errors and slap-dash sentences being strung together, it really does show badly on the writer. I conjure up images of drooling idiots with elongated heads that hold nothing but a cranium of cobwebs. The Yellow Brick Rhode is no exception. Koodos to the bloggers however, they have some interesting articles, with some good sports writing by Tucky. As journalist bloggers we are always looking to share opinions and create platforms for feedback, and I think Yellow Brick Rhode has managed to accomplish that. Chris has a provocative writing style, although at sometimes it is too “dude check this out... I’m this... I dig that” (after all this is a journalism blog not a personal diary), that is not just a summary of an interesting article but a written down thought process. So often we tend to regurgitate other people’s writings in a more concise way, when we should be broadening our readers’ thoughts on the topic. Sinikiwe Mqadi, I’m afraid to say, is a huge culprit for all that is wrong with blogging. I presume he was eating supper, learning for Statistics and brushing his teeth at the same time as writing the article. To make those many mistakes and not be consciously aware of it is mind boggling, not that there was a mind to boggle in the first place. I’m a debater so I know that there is always a rebuttal, so feel free to comb through my post, but don’t feel embarrassed when you don’t find any editing mistakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment